The major advantage of using intrinsic reaction kinetics is that these are scale independent, in contrast with the often-used, so-called apparent kinetics, which still include the effects of transport phenomena.
- The effects from (disturbing) transport phenomena have to be separated from the chemical reactions
- Reliable kinetic rate expressions are a prerequisite for safe and economical reactor design
Typical wrong assumptions:
- Reaction kinetics can be found in literature
- Reaction kinetics are invariable
- Reaction kinetics are easy to measure
If you endorse these ideas and if you appreciate Eurokin’s philosophy, you may consider to join the consortium.